Monday, January 31, 2011

axel hecklau


I spent the day showing Axel Hecklau and his family around San Francisco. It was so much fun. They've seen so much magic in such a short time I'm sure. Axel was a former FISM champ. What I learned most was his telling me about how to make magic movements as natural as possible so as not to arouse any suspicion. This obviously holds true for the props too. That's why Axel only uses everyday objects in his magic act. In other words, he doesn't use the dove pan. His philosophy of everyday magic items as props led to me selling almost all of my unnatural, suspicious-looking props. I didn't even realize that I had so many. Axel is a extremely insightful guy. He created a newspaper tear, spoon trick, coke trick, one cup trick... All of them are super good. I happen to have them all. With enough practice I'll be performing them shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment