Sunday, January 30, 2011

my beginnings in magic

So first did magic when I was about 8 years old. My auntie Lil bought me a Fisher Price Magic Box. I didn't know exactly what it did so I just played around with it and thought it was kinda cool just how many secret compartments there were. Little did I know that one day this little box would be the precursor of a life to come in magic.
I didn't really do much for a very long time after that until August 2009 when my friend Rasi showed me some card tricks, the greatest one being turning a regular deck of cards into a deck of ace of clubs. I was shocked. How can someone do that? That was when the magic bug bit me.
Rasi is the dude on the right

Once I got back to San Francisco, I googled "magic shop san francisco", which led me to meet Joe Pon, owner of Misdirections Magic Shop. Through Joe I've made many good friends and my understanding of this ancient performing art deepened so much.

Joe Pon and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment